Quickly build custom fuel maps while riding, collects data to adjust air/fuel ratio for best performance for your specific bike.
The optional Z-AFM 4.9 Air Fuel Mapping kit consists of an air fuel sensor and amplifier box that plugs into the any of the Z-Fi products, and allows for custom self tuning of the motorcycle. The system collects data as the user rides the bike on the street or on a dynamometer, and then the Z-Fi automatically makes recommended adjustments to the fuel delivery in order to optimize performance. The user has the ability to set multiple target air fuel ratios, and view the recommended adjustments using the Z-Fi software. The user can modify the recommended adjustments after they have been reviewed and then apply. The Z-AFM 4.9 kit offers optimal performance without the time or cost of a custom dyno tune. The kit comes with all of the required hardware, but may require modification of the exhaust pipe to accept the air fuel sensor fitting. Many OEM and aftermarket exhaust manufacturers make versions of their existing pipes with the sensor fitting already built in.
Dyno or no dyno, pre-made and shared maps are a thing of the past. To harness the full potential of a fuel control module like the Bazzaz Z-Fi, the Z-AFM 4.9 takes all the present conditions into account to create on-demand custom maps. Even better, the Bazzaz Z-AFM 4.9 is not closed loop like so many competitors. The unit quickly generates working maps, eliminating the need for constant adjustment that occurs with a closed loop system. This ensures accurate fuel delivery on-demand.
- Plug and Play installation with any of the Z-Fi products (may require exhaust pipe modification to accept sensor)
- Allows for optimal mapping without the time or cost of a custom dyno tune
- User adjustable target air fuel ratio for performance or fuel economy
- Smoothing feature
- Ability to set multiple target air/fuel ratios
- Self-diagnostic check instantly performed at power up, tells user if unit is operating properly or not
- Smaller, lighter and more rugged than the original Z-AFM self mapping system
- Enhanced signal processing and 20 X faster processor speed than previous models
Not legal for use in California on pollution controlled vehicles, race use only in California - waiver available